Advertise Here!Call +234 (0) 8035007778
ICRC Media Officer Job Vacancy in Nigeria
Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Abuja is looking for a
suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Media Officer.
- Assist the ICRC with its media and communication activities
- Maintain regular contacts with journalists and their media organisations
- Write and distribute press releases or other relevant information to the press, Prepare materials for dissemination via the ICRC website.
- Assist the Communication Department of the ICRC in dissemination, organising seminars, workshops and other public events.
- Keep information up to date and provide analysis when requested.
- Coordinate the production and distribution of dissemination material to relevant audiences.
- Write situations and analytical reports as needed.
- University degree in Mass Media, Journalism, Communication or other relevant field
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the media industry, in media relations or public relations Experience in print production required
- Experience in humanitarian work an asset
- Administration experience needed.
- Fluent in written and spoken English/knowledge of French is an asset Good written and communication skills
- Good analytical and organisational skills
- Excellent editing and presentation skills
- Very good knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PPT.
- Excellent internet research skills Knowledge of graphic design an asset
Method of Application
Please submit your application (letter of motivation, CV, copies of certificates, referees) before Friday September 17, 2010 to the
ICRC Delegation in Abuja,
No. 29 Kumasi Crescent, Off Aminu Kano Crescent.
Wuse II Abuja.
Only complete files matching with the profiles will be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The information and job announcement on this page is provided on Jobs and Careers in Nigeria by Jidaw as a community effort to meet the huge public need in the areas of employment and entrepreneurship. It is contributed to help reduce the level of unemployment nationally and highlight prospects for empowerment.
JOB SEARCH TIP: Beware of unsolicited job offers. If you did not apply for the job it is probably a scam. Don't pay money for job interviews, tests or any aspect of getting a job during job recruitment . No responsible employer or employment agency will charge you or ask you for money, for getting you a job. Since it is unsolicited, and there was no previous application or interview process, it is likely to be a scam. Do not respond to unsolicited offers or propositions from people you don't know. Do not disclose your personal or financial details to such people.
PLEASE WHERE RELEVANT PLEASE CHECK DATES FOR DEADLINES. PAGES ARE KEPT ONLINE FOR RESEARCH, HISTORICAL, REFERRAL AND ARCHIVAL PURPOSES
What Do you Have to Say? Post Your Comments about this Content Resource Here.
DISRUPT THE STATUS QUO!
Ideas are not enough. You must be action oriented to improve your future.
Don't just think but act. You get results not only from thinking but from acting.
You have ideas. You want to achieve. You want opportunity.
But what are you still doing in your comfort zone? The comfort zone is a dangerous place.
"I wanted to", "I was going to" cannot put on a light bulb, not to talk of moving you forward.
Aren't you tired of hoping and criticizing? Stop defending status quo that locks you down.
GO on the offensive now with IT Education and Empowerment.
What is the use of ideas without action?
Start becoming the achiever you deserve to be.
MAKE SURE THERE IS NO STANDING ROOM FOR EXCUSES.