Advertise Here!Call +234 (0) 8035007778
Schools Computer Club Initiative (SCCI) Nigeria
- Building the future's IT workforce
3-Feb-2010 - Building up student/pupil experts as the workforce of future advancement for tomorrow's information and computer technology. Schools Computer Club Initiative (SCCI) seeks to ensure acquisition of computer skills, exposure to a real IT world (seminar, workshops, exhibitions, etc.), impose professional responsibilities on school IT team leaders, build self esteem for members, and motivate young growing children to embrace the appropriate use of the computer.
1. Members develop important skills that they can use to further their education and to make them marketable in the job market.
2. Members learn about how they want to represent themselves and their school to the rest of the world and the impact this can have.
3. Members can become IT leaders in their regular classes, helping other students learn more about how to properly use the computer or the internet.
4. Members are exposed to exhibitions, seminars, workshops, debates, IT competitions, and IT companies.
5. Members have links to club sites and to specific examples of different kinds of projects students and computer/web clubs have created.
6. Periodic features about specific clubs that include detailed discussions of some of the more innovative and useful things that the clubs have done.
7. A newsletter/magazine featuring events to which members/visitors/non-members may subscribe.
8. Membership offers opportunities for courses for young growing children on how to use technology in education, especially where these courses might be of benefit to school clubs.
IT TEAM LEADERS MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
1. IT team Leaders are members who are excellent role models for the rest of the school community. Younger students are inspired to become IT team Leaders. Students receive help from someone in their peer group rather than from a teacher. IT team Leaders serve both the teacher and student in the classroom.
2. IT team members have self-esteem as a result of acquiring skills, additional knowledge, and refined social skills. They become interested and involved in school.
3. Apart from working with software with the student and teacher, they help maintain the computers in the classroom.
1. As students build their self-esteem, so do schools.
2. Best schools benefit by receiving awards of computers, plagues, free advertisement placement on our newsletter/magazine, and backdrop on our website.
3. Schools with the best equipped IT suite for sound computer education are published termly. Proprietors of such schools will be interviewed about their present IT development and their focus for the future. Such interviews will be published.
1. Community benefits because children are ready to meet the challenges of the future.
2. Students have opportunity for hands-on experience which their families are not able to provide
Founder of the Schools Computer Initiative is
Adesina Adewale, an information technology entrepreneur based in
Nigeria. He is a member of
the African Information Security Association, participating actively in
the African Children Cyber
Founder of the Schools Computer Initiative is Adesina Adewale, an information technology entrepreneur based in Nigeria. He is a member
of the African Information Security Association, participating actively in the African
Children Cyber Safety
He is a member of the Nigeria Computer
Society (NCS) and a member of the organi zing
committee for the First NCS National IT Quiz Competition.
He is a member of the Nigeria Computer Society (NCS) and a member of the organi
zing committee for the First NCS National IT Quiz Competition.
Call SCCI on
Schools Computer Club Initiative (SCCI) - Nigeria Building the future's IT workforce
To contact SCSI send
<< add @yahoo.com to create a full e-mail address
To contact SCSI sendto: sccieduitworld
What Do you Have to Say? Post Your Comments about this Content Resource Here.
2 Feb, 2010
Akan Daniels of Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria says:
thanks Jidaw and well done Adesina. saw your inputs also during the children online protection event. any plans for school events in PH? keep up the good work.
DISRUPT THE STATUS QUO!
Ideas are not enough. You must be action oriented to improve your future.
Don't just think but act. You get results not only from thinking but from acting.
You have ideas. You want to achieve. You want opportunity.
But what are you still doing in your comfort zone? The comfort zone is a dangerous place.
"I wanted to", "I was going to" cannot put on a light bulb, not to talk of moving you forward.
Aren't you tired of hoping and criticizing? Stop defending status quo that locks you down.
GO on the offensive now with IT Education and Empowerment.
What is the use of ideas without action?
Start becoming the achiever you deserve to be.
MAKE SURE THERE IS NO STANDING ROOM FOR EXCUSES.