Advertise Here!Call +234 (0) 8035007778
* WORLD'S FIRST GLOBAL ICT RANKING CONFIRMS DIGITAL DIVIDE:
Europe and Asian Countries Lead. African Countries Lag.
FACTS FROM WORLD'S FIRST GLOBAL ICT RANKING
"The digital divide is well and alive in the global village!"
The Digital Access Index is part of the 2003 edition of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU)'s World Telecommunication Development Report.
* It looks at the infrastructure available in countries, affordability of technology, educational levels, quality of ICT services available and Internet usage to provide an overall country score.
* Countries are given an index number based on a scale of 0 to 1, with 1 meaning the highest access.
* The leaders are Sweden (0.85), Denmark (0.83), Iceland (0.82) and the Republic of Korea (0.82).
* UK and US don't make the top 10 - US (0.78) is number 11, UK (0.77) is number 12.
* African countries dominate the bottom. Niger (0.04) is at the bottom of index.
* Top in Africa are Seychelles (0.54), Mauritius (0.50), South Africa (0.45), Botswana (0.43) and Tunisia (0.41)
* Asian Tigers show that English is no longer a decisive factor in quick technology adoption.
Click here, For Telecommunications Resources including Links to ITU and the index:
Do you Have to Say? Post
Your Comments about this content resource Here.
DISRUPT THE STATUS QUO!
Ideas are not enough. You must be action oriented to improve your future.
Don't just think but act. You get results not only from thinking but from acting.
You have ideas. You want to achieve. You want opportunity.
But what are you still doing in your comfort zone? The comfort zone is a dangerous place.
"I wanted to", "I was going to" cannot put on a light bulb, not to talk of moving you forward.
Aren't you tired of hoping and criticizing? Stop defending status quo that locks you down.
GO on the offensive now with IT Education and Empowerment.
What is the use of ideas without action?
Start becoming the achiever you deserve to be.
MAKE SURE THERE IS NO STANDING ROOM FOR EXCUSES.